An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Engineering Department as a full-time Maintenance Day Fitter – Level Two, at Innovia.
This role will report directly into the Engineering Supervisor. Working as an industrial fitter, the role will involve the maintenance, repair, modification, and installation of a wide range of mechanical process equipment and other tasks. Typical plant includes rotating machinery, cooling/heating systems, fans, pumps, gearboxes etc.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
• Promote working safely and follow company guidelines.
• Carry out planned maintenance tasks, as applicable.
• Respond to breakdowns to minimise downtime.
• Ensure the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) is populated with the relevant information.
• Keep the workshops and other Engineering areas in an organised condition.
• Ensure that any spares used are replenished and any issues are reported accordingly.
• Use Root Cause Analysis and drive continuous improvement to resolve any potential issues.
• Identify any opportunities for proactive maintenance within Engineering. • Use and promote the use of incident reports.
• Supervision of Engineers, Apprentices, and Contractors when required. •
Provide mentoring and training of Engineers and Apprentices.
• Work closely and maintain solid communication amongst all departments.
Ideally, as the successful candidate for this role, you would be time-served and self motivated with industrial experience. In addition to this, ideally educated to HNC level with a sound background in Mechanical Engineering, as well as a proven track record. The successful candidate should also be fully conversant with Health and Safety regulations, having good communication skills, problem solving and the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
If you, or you know anyone who would like to be considered for this position, please apply directly to Indeed before Thursday 1st February 2024