An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Stores Department as a full-time Stores Operative, at Innovia, reporting to the Senior Buyer and Warehousing Lead.
The Stores Operative will play a key role in the day to day running of Innovia’s engineering stores by ensuring a suitable level of stock is kept for all SKUs. You will ensure that goods are sourced from suitable suppliers at the right quality and quantity whilst considering cost and ensuring zero stock outs. You will also be responsible for the end-to-end process management, liaising with suppliers and preparing orders for delivery.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
• Receiving and processing warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store & goods receipts)
• Preparing and completing orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
• Liaising with suppliers across a wide range of products – mainly in relation to expediting orders scheduled for delivery
• Ensuring that goods are sourced from the right suppliers, of the right quality, of the right quantity, to the right place, at the right price
• End to end process management of purchase orders, specifically ensuring acknowledgments are received, prices, delivery, carriage are checked, corrected where necessary and updated accordingly
• Ensuring any complaints are captured and recorded as part of our Supplier Complaints process
• Handling internal and external stakeholder requests
• Operating and preventively maintaining warehouse vehicles and equipment
• Performing inventory controls and keeping quality standards high for audits
• Keeping a clean and safe working environment and optimising space utilisation
Ideally, as the successful candidate for this role, you will have excellent record keeping and organisational skills, in addition to having tenacity, perseverance, high attention to detail, and familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods. An experience of working in a warehousing environment is essential, as is the ability to drive an FLT and proficiency in inventory software. Experience of using SAP is advantageous.
In addition to this you should have the ability to manage multiple activities and priorities in order to meet tight deadlines and communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of stakeholders. Being a team player who can also work on your own initiative is also key to this role.
Any employee wishing to be considered for this position should apply directly to Indeed before the closing date of Friday 10th November 2023.