Innovia Films is a leading global manufacturer of Biaxially Orientated Polypropylene (BOPP) films, supplying highly differentiated specialty products into the packaging, labels, tobacco overwrap and securities markets.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our IT team as a full-time IT Infrastructure Engineer.
Reporting to our IT/IS Manager, you will assist in the translation of business objectives and requirements into functional solutions. Designing, developing, and implementing solutions based upon existing technologies.
This is a permanent, full time role working Monday to Friday, 08:30 until 17:00.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
· Assisting in the translation of business objectives and requirements into functional solutions
· Identifying areas for process improvements
· Developing and implementing technical solutions based on existing technologies
· Researching and recommending new approaches and technologies to improve business productivity
· Advising on “Buy” vs “Build” decisions
· Installing, maintaining, monitoring, and securing infrastructure
· 2nd line technical support where required
· Collecting and analysing data to optimise performance
· Documenting systems and processes
· Supporting and handing over skills to IT/IS Helpdesk and IT/IS Apprentices
· Participating the out of hours support team
· Key role in projects, including project management
· Interaction with, and management of external IT partners
· Identifying, negotiating, and acquiring large value items
Ideally, as a successful candidate you will have working knowledge and experience of:
· Server Operating Systems - Windows Server 2019, Linux RedHat
· SaaS Solutions – Office365
· Virtualisation Technologies - VMWare 7.0
· Multi-vendor databases – MSSQL, Informix
· Storage Area Networks – Dell EMC
· Networking Technologies – SDWAN, ADVPN, FortiNet, Aruba
· Backup Management – Avamar, Dell Data Domain
· Security Tools – Rapid7, WithSecure, ProofPoint
As the successful candidate for this role, you will be a team player, with a strong understanding of project management lifecycles, with a proactive attitude. You will be self-motivated with the ability to adapt to any situation.