Innovia Films is a leading global manufacturer of Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) films, supplying highly differentiated speciality products into the packaging, labels, tobacco overwrap and securities markets.
We are looking for a Project Leader to join our R&D team. Reporting to our Surface Engineering Manager, you will work with a variety of business functions to plan and direct new product and raw material projects to achieve business growth and product security. Although based in Wigton, you will be responsible for the successful developments of products across Innovia manufacturing facilities and through regular liaison with suppliers and customers you will be able to identify and recommend project opportunities.
This is a permanent, full time role working Monday to Friday, 08:30 until 17:00.
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline, preferably Chemistry or Polymer Science.
· Experienced in chemical formulation, preferably from a surface coating / paint / ink, or similar background.
· A strong influencer and communicator, comfortable liaising with a variety of stakeholders
· Able to analyse, interpret and report scientific data.
· Be able to lead or work well as part of a team.
· Logical thinker and able to deliver results under pressure with tight timescales.
· 25 days annual leave per annum.
· Contributory pension scheme.
· Contributory health and welfare scheme.
· Cycle to work scheme (after successful completion of probationary period)
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply via Indeed. (https://uk.indeed.com/company/Innovia-Films/jobs/R&D-Project-Leader-571daa493a807659?fccid=43d0f03d00ba0a10&vjs=3)