An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the IS department as a Software Developer at Innovia Films, an Innovative Global Supplier of Specialty BOPP Packaging & Labelling Solutions based at Wigton, Cumbria.
- Competitive Salary (£22,000-£45,000) based on experience
- Long term progression opportunities
- Pension Scheme matched 9%
- 25 Days holiday
- Health shield Care Cash Plan
Working as part of a small team that covers a range of roles, from developing bespoke systems, managing our ERP system, through to developing our BI & Analytics platform, primarily, the Software Developer will:
- Design and develop bespoke web applications used throughout the business
- Automate business processes using RPA tools
- Assist in the translation of business objectives and requirements into functional solutions
- Identify areas for process improvements.
- Develop and implement technical solutions based on existing technologies.
- Research and recommending new approaches and technologies to improve business productivity
- Advising on “Buy” vs “Build” decisions
- 2nd line technical support where required
- Collect and analyse data to optimize performance
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Supporting and handing over skills to other members of the team
- Key role in projects, including project management
- Interaction with, and management of external partners
- Strong understanding of OOP, ORM, software architecture, design best practices/patterns (Java, J2EE, Spring, XHTML, Faces, Hibernate, Eclipse)
- Source Control (Git, Bitbucket)
- Systems Analysis, Design, and Modelling (UML)
- Experience one or more Relational Database Technologies (Informix, SQL Server, Oracle) – Query optimisation, schema design.
- RPA processes and tools (Automation Anywhere)
What we can offer you?
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field at least 3 years relevant experience
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Motivated to learn (formal education will be considered)
- Proactive and positive
- Strong problem solving skills
- Manage own workload
- Resilient and adaptable, able to deal with changing priorities
- Open and honest
- Self-motivated but willing share knowledge within an existing team
- Looking for a long-term position
Innovia is driven by its core values, accountability, excellence, and teamwork. These are at the heart of everything we do. We are a very people-oriented organisation and feel part of the local community. You will join a multi-disciplined team that develops, maintains, and provides end-user support for bespoke/off-the-shelf systems, and a BI Analytics platform across all departments of a manufacturing company.
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership at a local Wigton gym
If you are interested in this position, in the first instance, please send your CV together with a note of your current salary to Mrs A Walker, HR Manager, Innovia Films Ltd., Station Road, Wigton, Cumbria, CA7 9BG, United Kingdom Tel: +44 (0) 16973 42281 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note anyone invited to an interview will be asked to complete an Application Form
and an Equal Opportunities Form
Monday 21st June 2021