An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the IS department as a Data Engineer at Innovia Films, an Innovative Global Supplier of Specialty BOPP Packaging & Labelling Solutions based at Wigton, Cumbria.Benefits include:
- Competitive Salary (£28,000-£45,000) based on experience
Long term progression opportunities
Pension Scheme matched 9%
25 Days holiday
- Health shield Care Cash Plan
Working as part of a small team that covers a range of roles, from developing bespoke systems, managing our ERP system, through to developing our BI & Analytics platform, primarily, the Data Engineer will:
- Develop and extend our Data Warehouse and Analytics platform, from designing the Warehouse through to developing end-user reports/dashboards.
- Develop and support interfaces between key business systems.
- Assist in the translation of business objectives and requirements into functional solutions
- Identify areas for process improvements.
- Develop and implement technical solutions based on existing technologies.
- Research and recommending new approaches and technologies to improve business productivity
- Advising on “Buy” vs “Build” decisions
- 2nd line technical support where required
- Collect and analyse data to optimize performance
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Supporting and handing over skills to other members of the team
- Key role in projects, including project management
- Interaction with, and management of external partners
- Technical Skills
- ETL tools to integrate data from disparate source systems (Talend)
- BI technologies, including Data Warehouse design and implementation (IBM Cognos, Power BI)
- Experience in extracting and manipulating data via SQL using one or more Relational Database Technologies (Informix, SQL Server, Oracle)
What we can offer you?
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field at least 3 years relevant experience
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Motivated to learn (formal education will be considered)
- Proactive and positive
- Strong problem solving skills
- Manage own workload
- Resilient and adaptable, able to deal with changing priorities
- Open and honest
- Self-motivated but willing share knowledge within an existing team
- Looking for a long-term position
Innovia is driven by its core values, accountability, excellence, and teamwork. These are at the heart of everything we do. We are a very people-oriented organisation and feel part of the local community. You will join a multi-disciplined team that develops, maintains, and provides end-user support for bespoke/off-the-shelf systems, and a BI Analytics platform across all departments of a manufacturing company.
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership at a local Wigton gym
If you are interested in this position, in the first instance, please send your CV together with a note of your current salary to Mrs A Walker, HR Manager, Innovia Films Ltd., Station Road, Wigton, Cumbria, CA7 9BG, United Kingdom Tel: +44 (0) 16973 42281 email@example.com
Please note anyone invited to an interview will be asked to complete an Application Form
and an Equal Opportunities Form
Closing Date: Monday 21st June 2021